Last week I discussed all the various ways in which I was waiting, and said I should not wait too long before the packing got started. I managed to live up to that.
What’s that? You want documentary evidence? Well, OK:
On the left is my studio as of several days ago. It’s a bit different now, as more things have been packed and some boxes that had never been opened were moved to the guest room. Still others that had only been partly unpacked followed suit, after being repacked and taped shut. The guest room is the current staging area, as you can see in the photo on the right. It’s a lot more full now, though there is still plenty of room.
Once the studio is a bit more packed up — specifically when the shelves are emptied out and disassembled — it will be possible to stage things there too.
A classic issue that artists suffer from is the accumulation of stuff, specifically art and supplies. I am no exception. Can’t leave any of that behind.
It hasn’t all been packing and wasting time this week, though. I also spent quite a few hours working on a digital image of sorts as part of my attempt to become more familiar with Inkscape. I can’t share it with you yet, sadly. Partly because it’s not done yet, but mostly because the image I chose to work with first is of the Public Art project we were working on in class. When done I will need Heather to OK my sharing of it. I doubt there will be a problem — she’s seen an early version and seemed to like it — but who knows. You’ll see it when it’s done and she’s said it’s OK.
That’s it for this week. I have nothing else exciting to share, and I know this isn’t all that exciting in any case. But it’s where life is at.
Please stay well and sane!