What is there to say a week after abdominal surgery?
I mean, what could I possibly have done in the last week that is exciting or relevant?
“Hey! I changed the bandages on my holes!” That’s cool. Not.
It’s tough because (in the general case) you’re not supposed to lift anything at this point, walking may or may not be possible (depending on the kind and severity of the surgery), and really all you have done is sit around for a week twiddling your thumbs. How do you write about that and keep it interesting?
To be clear, I am completely fine and able to walk. My surgery was relatively simple and I am healing well. No issues along those lines. The problem is that I have been utterly boring.
Most of the last week that was not spent sleeping was spent working on the latest monthly email for our community association. It’s not quite done, but it is getting close. One article remains to be submitted, and it needs a full round of reviews. Then it gets sent. I don’t control the missing article, sadly, so I have to be patient. But in my case patience is an odd thing that only shows up in certain circumstances, and you can probably guess that waiting for an article to appear is not one of the situations in which my patience is readily apparent.
What else can I share? Well…
- The situation on the windows remains exactly as it was. One window is still not here and we continue to wait for a new delivery estimate.
- The dogs are as they were. Cruzer’s brain continues to fail to function normally in all the usual ways and Tinkerbelle continues to bark furiously at everything that moves in front of the house, often startling me out of my skin in the process.
- Anne continues to work for a living, and to play cello and fiddle in a bewildering number of groups.
- Covid continues to wreak havoc on the planet, and though it appears cases are on the decline in our immediate area, they are still higher than I would like. Masking up with an N95 while indoors (at least) still seems wise. And then there’s Monkeypox. It’s almost like the planet is trying to shake off an infestation of humans. *sigh*
- I have not created any art lately. I want to fix that, but it’s not as simple as flipping a switch, at least not for me.
- I am preparing to write about the US vs Canadian medical systems, but that turns out to be complicated. I have a page of research notes that answer some questions, but expect it to be a summary of my experiences with these things, rather than a factual tome. I’m not sure when that piece will appear, but you’ll see it here somehow.
Beyond those things, I am all out of ideas. Sorry!
Have a great week! Keep safe!